I am pleased to see that the wait is over! iTERA Availability, the highly acclaimed High Availability and Disaster Recovery solution for small and medium sized businesses running IBM i is now available. It provides businesses with the ability to virtually eliminate both planned and unplanned downtime by maintaining a secondary system that is kept up to date in real-time.
I am also excited for existing iTERA clients who can now benefit from the new version of iTERA Availability:
- Enhanced auditing – Comprehensive auditing with self-healing ensures data integrity and worry-free role swaps. Enhanced audit technology in iTERA Availability 6.1 provides significantly increased audit performance, enhanced file and IFS data auditing, and expanded audit coverage. New reporting features give visibility into queued and active audits, previous audit results and repair history.
- Increased replication performance – iTERA Availability 6.1 fully leverages IBM’s proven Remote Journaling technology to deliver even faster, more resilient communication between production and backup systems. iTERA Availability’s replication is tuned to maximize performance and minimize recovery time.
- Faster virtual role swap recovery – iTERA Availability customers rely on virtual role swap tests to verify their readiness for worry free failover. iTERA Availability 6.1 delivers quicker recovery from a virtual role swap, allowing customers to quickly resynchronise their backup system after testing for high availability readiness, even in high transaction environments.
- Streamlined installation and simplified configuration – a wizard-based, streamlined process for both new installs and upgrades, iTERA Availability 6.1 provides consistency in install size and install time. With version 6.1, iTERA Availability users can also install or upgrade all logical partitions simultaneously.
- Consolidated configuration panel – along with expanded on-line help, the iTERA Availability 6.1 user interface includes a new consolidated configuration panel that makes it easier to manage configuration settings. The new panel consolidates more than 200 unique policies to provide easier look-up of policy settings and visibility into configuration values.