From 1st October 2013 customers still using V5R4 i5/OS will need to take out IBM Extended Support to receive continued access to IBM technical support.
The service extension can provide up to three years of extended support for i5/OS V5R4 after the official 30th September 2013 end of service date.
– Allows unlimited calls to be placed
– Enhances your IT availability and performance
– Supports your IT staff productivity with easy access to skilled specialists
– Offers reassurance and peace of mind
– Enables faster problem determination and resolution
IBM offers easy access to technical support specialists either by phone or via electronic means. They will assist you with:
– Support for new defects
– Guidance on known defects
– ‘How to’ advice and guidance for usage and installation questions
– Help in isolating the cause of the problem
– Interpretation of product documentation
– Searching existing databases for known problems
Customers needing V5R4 Extended Support must have valid IBM Software Maintenance in place.