IBM have just announced the end of support for IBM Integration Bus (IIB) formerly Message Broker v9.0. We highly recommend that you migrate to IBM Integration Bus (IIB) v10.0 if you are not already at one of these versions.
IBM Integration Bus v10.0 delivers a comprehensive integration solution. In addition to connecting a wide range of applications, services, and systems across heterogeneous IT environments, it provides the visibility and control capabilities that are needed to support critical business activities, such as monitoring, auditing, process management, and analytics.
New enhancements provide clients with:
- Flexible interactions with IBM WebSphere MQ that extend support to offer connections to multiple local queue managers when getting and putting messages.
- Easier administration using the Integration Bus web-browser user interface, which includes new capabilities for deployment, creating, editing, and attaching policy documents.
- Enhanced functionality for integrating applications both on-premise and in the cloud, which include REST APIs, Graphical Data Mapper and Data Format Description Language (DFDL) improvements, and support for MQ Telemetry Transport messages.
- The new capabilities naturally extend the powerful productivity features of Integration Bus to develop and manage integration solution deployments, and to extend its industry-leading performance and scalability.
- IBM Integration Bus v10 offers the flexibility to deploy an integrated solution by providing several dynamically-set modes of operation, from an entry-level starting point to a full-feature edition.
Options after 30/09/2018 to clients running IBM Integration Bus (IIB) v9.0 are as follows:
- Upgrade to v10.0 to ensure continuity of support/subscriptions and reduction of potential security risks.
- Remain at the current version but no longer be entitled to support (providing you continue to renew your annual subscriptions you will still have the option to upgrade to v10.0 when you are ready to do so – but no support will be provided at v9.0.
- If you remain at v9.0 after the 30/09/2018 and you still require support, then you will need to purchase a Service Extension for the version which you are running – this will provide you with ongoing support in the event of a software failure for a period of up to 2 years.
If you are running v9.0 and you need any help with either a Service Extension or help with migrating to the latest version of IBM Integration Bus (IIB) please do not hesitate to contact me.
Speak to Recarta today about a Service Extension to keep your business protected or for help with migrating to the latest version of IBM Integration Bus (IIB) ensuring your business remains up to date with all security patches/updates, therefore preventing any potential exposure to your business.